Saturday, July 16, 2011

We're in love but he says we can't be together?

We met on Facebook in April of 2009. We talked and talked, and were soon best friends. He finally broke in July and told me how much he loved me. I had never been happier... He was 18, I was 16. 9 months after meeting online he had saved up and flew from England to Australia to meet me and be with me for 6 months. We were so in love and growing stronger and stronger. We talked about everything, we were each other's first real relationship (we'd dated others but nothing this serious) and we were each other's first time, and first love. He is honestly the love of my life, the greatest person I know, the most beautiful and amazing man I've ever met. He flew back to England to start at Oxford University, so we spent 4.5 months apart. I planned to fly out to England as soon as my exams in my final year at school ended and was going to work and study in England originally to be with him. But then I discovered how much I actually wanted University here. We've been together almost 2 years and known each other a little longer. We've talked about getting married, we're engaged to be engaged, we've talked about spending the rest of our lives together. But I handled his exam period terribly, my depression picked up and I had to struggle with this jealousy I had over a girl who was fascinated with him and tried to kiss him days before I got to the country. I've been trying to overcome that and I finally said I could trust him completely, but trust is hard to come by in my family and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to say. But... he's telling me that although he loves me, he thinks I'm being childish for staying in the country and making my mum pay for my university here, he thinks we need to break up in order to grow as people and that by doing this it is him trying to give our relationship the best possible chance of succeeding. I know it sounds like he's forcing me out of his life, out of his country in hopes of us drifting apart, because I fear that I'll lose him like this. I love him so, so much... I can't live without him. He is my soulmate, and I want him to fight for our relationship. To everyone it sounds like he's trying to find an excuse to leave me, but nobody hears or sees when we're alone and how much love there is there. It's killing me that we feel so much for each other and he thinks there is no way of us working and growing as people if we're together, how can he think that? I know I'm difficult now because I gave up my life in Australia and I have very few friends because it's difficult to meet people my age, but when I get to University everything will change... but he won't give that a chance, he says that I HAVE to leave because I'm selfishly accepting my university funds from friends and family who love me. I'm so, so scared of losing him but I have no idea how to help us... we're taking 2 weeks to date and it's 2fold, us trying to be apart so we can see how we cope alone, and also trying to see how things will change in his mind about us, if they'll change. I don't think anyone can give me advice other than to be strong and that I'll get through the break up... but only say something if you think it will help FIX us. Please... I'm already feeling so broken... I can't lose my best friend and my soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment